Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY: Book Page Pleated Medallions



Today is cold and rainy so I decided to put the finishing touches on the collage above our bed. These medallions are a simple and VERY inexpensive way to add some 3d art to your walls. Here's how I made them:

Gather your supplies-
Glue gun
Scissors
Paper

Start with four pieces of paper that are the same size. You can use any type of paper, even wrapping paper! I used book pages because I use them for everything and I have a ton of old books around the house. Make sure you have clean edges.
Start folding like an accordion and then cut off the excess. Separate the four pieces and flatten them.

Fold one in half and glue together so it makes a mini fan.
Glue all of the mini fans together.

All done! I hope you like them as much as I do, they are so fun and easy to make. I think it would be so cute to make a bunch using pretty wrapping paper to hang in front of a window or above a crib. The possibilities are endless. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...