Friday, April 12, 2013

Makeup Favorites

I love makeup. There are always so many new products I want to try, and every time a commercial comes on promoting a new one I have to fight the urge to go buy it! Over the years I have steadily found my favorites. These are the products I have been wearing on a daily basis for about a year---and to me that is forever!
elf contour and blush set in St. Lucia
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl eyeliner in black
Loreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara in Blackest Black
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Maybelline BB Cream in Light/Medium
Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer in Light
  • I don't like to spend a lot of money on makeup, probably because I always want to try something new. The one thing I do splurge on is concealer. The Estee Lauder concealer is $20 at Von Maur. I feel okay spending that much because it lasts a long time and I want good coverage for under eye circles and blemishes.
  • BB cream is awesome. You can get this at Target for about $8. I have never been one to wear foundation so this was a great alternative. It is definitely not full coverage but it does blur imperfections and makes your skin look more even. 
  • I have already raved about the mascara in this post, so I won't do it again. :)
  • The e.l.f. bronzer/blush duo is my best friend. It is $3 at Target. Seriously, you can't beat that, and the blush color is a dup of the super popular but expensive Nars blush. AND you get about the same amount for 1/10th of the price. Go buy this product!
  • I use eyeliner every day, and this Rimmel liner stays put all day--even in my water line! It is technically waterproof which is something I shy away from since it's a pain to remove, but this isn't too bad. This liner is so pigmented and is super black, and it goes on really smooth. It was only $4 at Target.
  • The Naked palette was a Christmas gift from my in-laws and it is wonderful, but it is EXPENSIVE! Like...ridiculously expensive for eye shadow. So, before I was gifted the palette I used this trio from Wet n' Wild. I know it sounds crazy because it's cheap ($2.99 at Walgreens), but these three colors are the exact dups of Darkhorse, Virgin and Sin by Urban Decay, and they are really pigmented and last all day---super great quality! If you don't want to spend a small fortune on eye shadow I highly, highly recommend this trio. You won't be disappointed!

So, those are the products I use on a daily basis, got buy them and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...