Thursday, April 11, 2013

DIY: Cute Burp Cloths

Anyone that has a child or has been around a child for any amount of time knows that a burp cloth is a must-have item. If you are like me you registered for the plain white cloth diapers because all the baby websites said they make for a good spit up rag.

Well I decided I wanted mine to be cute, so here is what I did:


What you need:
cloth diaper (or terry cloth)
fabric
sewing machine (if you don't have a machine and you are
patient you could use a needle and embroidery
thread to achieve the same result.)
scissors

Cut your fabric to the same size as the diaper.

Put the right side of the fabric facing the diaper.

Pin (or don't) and sew along the perimeter of your fabric.

Leave an opening at the end and turn your fabric right side out.


                                     
Sew around the top of the cloth to close the opening you left for turning, and I added another line for good measure (and I think it looks cuter too)

Stack them up and enjoy! These would be great baby shower gifts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...