Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY: Ombré hair

I jumped on the bandwagon about a week ago and decided I needed ombré hair. Now that I am staying home full time with our little girl we are definitely on a budget, which means I can't get my hair done as often! :( That being said, I love coloring/highlighting my own hair and I used to do it all the time back in high school. I picked up this highlighting kit because it's my favorite. It is SO simple to do ombré, all I did was part my hair down the middle, bring it over each shoulder and brushed the bleach on just below my chin. I took a few light swipes a little higher for that gradual effect. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, took a strand test and then washed it out. I decided I wanted it a little blonder on the very ends so I applied the bleach a second time just on my ends. I think it turned out great and I've gotten compliments---people keep asking who did it and are always surprised when I say I did! If you are on the fence about doing it yourself, I say go for it! You can always go to the salon to have it fixed if you mess up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...